What is True Soccer Academy?
- True Soccer Academy was formed in 2012 by its President, Duncan Swanwick. True Soccer Academy was created to fill a void in the soccer coaching community in the Tri-State area. True Soccer was created and intended to run as a family-oriented business. We view each of our clubs and teams as family members, and therefore each is as important as the other whether your team plays in EDP, MAPS, JAGS, local travel leagues or recreational leagues your team will receive the same level of care and professionalism as the other. TSA's President is involved in every club TSA works with, meaning that we can provide a high level of training for every team and club while maintaining the highest possible standard of service that we pride ourselves on. All of TSA's staff all live in the United States full-time, and have all played soccer in the US for local travel teams, academies, high schools and colleges.
TSA's Coaching Philosophy
- TSA has a small, but highly qualified staff who pride themselves on improving each and every one of their players and teams that they come across. Through our ability to offer a full year-round service, we are able to develop every team to the best of it's ability. While working side-by-side with parent coaches, or as a head coach of any team, our staff offer guidance and advice, while making sure every single player is ready and prepared for their next game.
- True Soccer Academy can provide a trainer to fit the needs of your individual teams. Trainers can work once, twice or three times per week with each team, working with either a parent coach or manager in order to create a training program and model which best fits your teams needs, abilities, demands and requirements. No two teams are alike, so no two programs are alike. Each one is geared towards your teams success.
Game Day Coaching
- Here at True Soccer, we believe the best way to know if your teams are succeeding is to see them play. All staff members are required after each game to be in touch with a parent-coach to find out how each game went, however nothing beats actually being there. If you feel having a supporting trainer along with a parent-coach would be beneficial or feel as though taking the game day responsibilities out of the hands of parents and into paid professionals is the way forward for your club, TSA can provide either option. Regardless, our staff members take great interest in the progress of each team on game day.
Director of Coaching
- True Soccer Academy is also able to offer each club we work with the possibility of working with one of our more experienced and higher level staff members in a Director of Training role. This is a full-time job, in which our staff member will help to run the day-to-day operations of your club from the training aspects. They will overlook training sessions, set up session plans for parent coaches, be in constant contact with every team's parent-coach or manager and will work side-by-side with each staff member working in your club to make sure every session put on is of the highest quality that TSA can offer. They will then submit an end of season report on the progress to your club and the President of True Soccer.
- The only way to build a soccer program with unbiased opinions and high level teams is through try-outs. TSA is able to provide our highly-qualified staff to either evaluate your try-outs or run the whole process from start to finish. Whether your club would like our staff to evaluate scrimmages or even set up skill drills to be specifically evaluated which allow some players to excel. We want to take this very difficult process and make it as easy as possible for you and your club.
- We believe here at TSA that in order to have a successful travel program, each club needs to have a successful recreational program. From clinics, to team training, to game day coaching, TSA offers all this and more to each club we work with. We have our own clinic curriculum's which have brought much success to the clubs we have worked with. Each curriculum is guaranteed to get young players not only learning about soccer, but also having fun doing it.
- In order for your team or club to be best prepared for a long fall or spring season, pre-season camps are a great way to get things rolling. TSA is able to offer clubs pre-season camps as a introduction to the fall and/or spring season. This will allow for your teams to have an advantage over other teams and allow for newer players to get to know their teammates before the season would normally begin.
TSA Summer Camps
- TSA will be offering Summer Camps for kids of all ages.
- A 1 1/2 hour Mini Kickers Camp will be available for kids under 7 years of age. Each camper will receive a True Soccer Academy t-shirt.
- A 5 hour True Soccer Camp will be available for kids from 7-18 years of age. Each camper will receive a True Soccer Academy t-shirt.
- Please continue to check back on our website as these Camps will be posted as soon as they are made available.
Private Individual Training
- TSA offers the chance for individual players to improve and practice their skills privately with one of TSA's excellent coaches. For more information on this, please Contact Us.